Skip to content (Press Enter)
1. Holy Basil (तुळस,तुलसी)
Properties- Antiviral, Antifungal, Blood Purifier
- To cure wet cough- chew 5 to 6 Basil leaves and 2 to 3 Black time to time.
- To increase appetite and to decrease gases . To improve digestion drink leaf juice.
- To purify blood- Drink leaf juice to improve blood circulation and strength the heart.
- To cure malaria bronchitis- Fresh juice and leaves along with pepper seeds.
- To cure skin diseases like ring worm, skin allergies, insect bites etc. Apply fresh leaf extract.
- Dried powder is used as snuff in cold or in stuffy nose.
- To relieve pain- the paste of entire plant is applied over swellings.
- The paste of fresh tender leaves, when applied over face as mask regularly clears black spots, pimples, reshes etc.
Properties- Antiseptic, Anthelminthic Astringent
- The fruit pulp (5 gm. on empty stomach consume lukewarm water daily) kills worms in the digestive system.
- Chewing fresh leaves (5-10) everyday purifies blood.
- Juice of fresh leaves helps to cure various diseases of digestive system such as vomiting, indigestion, diarrhea etc.
- Indigestion- 5gm. of Neem flowers should be soaked in glass of water overnight and consume.
- Seed oil is used as external stimulant in leprosy eczema and other skin diseases.
- Paste of leaves is used to heal small/minor wounds.
- Abases wounds etc. are cured by leaf paste.
- Leaves are boiled in water and used in chicken pox.
- Leaf infusion is used to cure itching of the skin.
- Neem oil is used to massage the joints n rheumatic pains.
- Paste of seeds is applied on head to get rid of from hair lice.
- Leaves are burned in the sieving to kill mosquitoes and other pesters.
- Leaf paste is also used to clear dental infections.
Properties- Stimulant, Carminative, Antiseptic, Blood purifier, Wound healing agent, Bleaching agent
- To relieve flatulence and loss of appetite 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder is taken 3 times daily.
- In diabetes- 1/2 tsp. juice and amla powder is taken daily.
- To cure cough cold and other chest congestion- Turmeric powder is taken in hot milk.
- In dry cough- Turmeric powder is mixed with honey and taken regularly.
- Turmeric powder is sprinkled on the wounds and ulcers for speedy healing.
- For pain- hot paste with lime juice and salt is applied.
- In small cuts and wounds- powder is used to stop bleeding and as antibacterial agent.
- In painful piles- onion juice, warm linseed oil and turmeric powder mixture is applied.
- Turmeric powder is an excellent bleaching agent- so when applied on face (in face pack/face mask etc.) given fair complexion.
Properties- Moderate stimulant, Disinfectant, Anti-spasmodic, Expectorant
- An enema (3 gms. of asafetida in 100 ml of water) cures intestinal worms.
- To cure all digestive disorders- asafetida is fried in ghee and eaten.
- Take 5gms. of asafetida fried in ghee for urinary retention and pan in the bladder region.
Properties- Carminative, anti microbial
- 1/2 gms. mustard powder, honey and ghee- eat slowly for hiccup.
- To increase appetite-1/2gm. mustard powder, 1gm sugar, ghee- eat 1/2 an hour before meals.
- For stomach ache- 1/2 gm. powder with old jaggery.
- To cure flatulence- milk cream and mustard powder.
- To kill germs in wounds- mix mustard powder, honey and ghee well and apply on wounds. Germs are killed immediately.
- To cure sty- eat mustard powder and ghee.
Properties- Aromatic, Stimulant Carminative, Antspasmodic
- Paste of coriander leaves is applied on swelling or on forehead for headache.
- In mouth ulcers and throat infections- juice of coriander is held in mouth.
- Decoction of seeds is used to wash eyes in conjunctivitis.
- Seeds are boiled in water and this water quenches thirst immediately.
- Seeds are chewed to correct foul breath.
- In bleeding from nose- 1-2 drops of leaves of coriander juice is dropped in nose.
- Coriander seeds water increases urination.
Properties- Aromatic, Carminative, Astringent
- The cumin paste is applied on face to improve complexion.
- In skin healing and allergic rashes- cumin boiled water is poured over affected area.
- White cumin seeds are given after child birth to increase mil secreation (10-30 gms. wth gaggery everyday.)
- Cumin is fried and powdered and taken with honey (5 gms. twice a day) to cure loss ao appetite, vomiting, indigestion and flatulence.
- To cure excessive white discharge, same powder can be taken.
Properties- Carminative, promotes hair growth
- Paste of seeds is mixed with curd and applied on scalp.
- In pain, swelling and abcesses, paste of seeds is warmed and applied.
- Seed powder is used to cure loss of appetite, colic, diarrhea etc.
- Seeds roasted in ghee are powdered and used to make porridge to increase milk flow in nursing mothers
- To control diabetes- seeds are soaked in water and eaten raw next day. Remaining water should be used for drinking.
- To consume obesity- soaked seeds should be taken regularly.
Properties- Carminative, Appetizer, Stimulate blood circulation, increase perspiration and menstruation bleeding, counter-irritant
- To cure loss of appetite-11/2 tbs. ginger powder boiled in water for 10-15 minutes and consume it 3 times a day or 1/2 tbs. powder mixed in 1/2 tbs. honey to be taken 1 hour before lunch and dinner.
- For flatulence and colic pain- eat small piece of ginger just before meal.
- In sore throat infection gargle with ginger water 1tbs. fresh root boiled in 1 glass of water.
- In painful and swollen joints- 5gms. Dry ginger powder with castor oil to be taken 2 times a day.
- Warm paste can be applied in painful joints.
- For headache- Paste is applied on forehead with care (as it is hot in nature).
- For cold- Boil ginger in water and used it to prepare tea.
- To purify blood and to increase blood circulation- juice should be taken regularly.
Properties- Stimulant, Carminative, Tonic relieves paralysis, Sciatica, Gout
- Paste of Garlic is applied for facial palsy, paralysis, swelling with pain.
- For worms infections- its paste is applied in infected area as it is antimicrobial.
- It reduces blood pressure cholesterol.
- Paste is applied as anti irradiant on insect bite.
- Juice of garlic along with gingerly oil is used as ear drops to cure earaches.
- Juice is used to prevent recurrence of cold.
11. Black Pepper
Properties- Carminative, Stimulant, Count irritant
- Paste of seeds (either directly or with any oil) is applied in oozing and itching skin.
- Paste is applied on painful and swollen area.
- Decoction is used in dental problems and in throat infection as gargle.
- Pepper powder mixed with ghee is applied on allergic rashes.
- In all digestive disorder- 5gms of powder is consumed with a cup of buttermilk.
- Decoction is taken to cure cough, common cold and dysphoea (breathing difficulty.)
- Paste is applied with care on eyes to cure sty.
Properties- Carminative, Stimulants, Antispasmodic
- Paste is applied on forehead to cure headache and cold.
- In dental cavities and toothache oil of clove is applied by dipping cotton in oil and then putting it on teeth.
- Oil of clove is massaged to sciatica, rheumatoid arthritis or any joint pain.
- Decoction of clove is useful in various illnesses such as- Hyper acidity, Vomiting, Flatulence, Cough, Thirst, Burning urination and Colic pan.
- Cough and Asthma can be cured by taking decoction regularly. It also removes bad breathe.
13. Sesame Seeds-
Properties- Emollient, Laxative
- Sesame oil is used for dressing wounds.
- Oil promotes hair growth and blackens the hair.
- In cracked feet- oil should be massaged after cleaning feet daily at night.
- To cure constipation- 4-5 tsp sesame seeds and drink warm water before going to bed’
- Above remedy cures even bleeding piles- 20gms of sesame powdered and 20gms of fresh butter in warm water eat once n morning.
- To increase urination- Crush sesame and warm it and apply externally on belly below naval.
- For excess hunger- drink 4-5 drops of sesame oil morning and evening.
- Drinking sesame oil can cure stomachache due to ulcers.
- To cure obesity- drink 10gms of sesame oil morning and evening.
14. Poppy Seeds-
Properties- Narcotic, Sedative, Nutritive, Astringent, Avoid in large doses for longer duration and in pregnant ladies
- In all swelling and painful conditions the poppy seed paste is applied.
- For eyes or years inflammation paste is applied around ears and Eyes.
- In sciatica, abdominal pain etc. 3grams of poppy seeds are powdered with ghee and eaten two to three times a day.
- Same medicine can be taken for insomnia.
- 20 to 25 ml poppy seeds decoctions twice a day is useful for all nervous disorders.
15. Glycyrrhizin (Gyesthamadh)-
Properties- Nutritive, Stimulant, Bleaching agent
- It improves the sound- mix powdered glycyrrhizin with powdered pepper 4:1 thoroughly, make small pills and consume daily.
- Apply paste on face – improves complexion.
- Decoction is used to wash hair to prevent premature greying and hair fall.
- Decoction with honey – cures cough.
- Powder + Honey – stops hiccups.
- For Mouth ulcers – use decoction for gargling.
- For wounds – boil powder in less water + ghee and apply on wounds.
Properties- Stimulant, Expectorant, Diuretic
- To strengthen the weak body – early morning bake 1 small onion on coal and eat.
- To cure indigestion – mix 2tsp of onion juice and 2tsp of ginger juice and consume frequently.
- In insomnia – onion and sweet fresh curd consume at night everyday.
- Onion should be hold near the nose of unconscious man to bring him to consciousness state.
- In epileptic attack same treatment should be given.
- For nose bleeding – smell onion during Summer Heat.
Properties- Astringent, Blood purifier
- To cure hyperacidity and low appetite – dried and powdered pomegranate is taken 2 or 3 times a day.
- In children diarrhea buds are eaten with goat’s milk.
- Fresh juice of fruit along with peel is taken as blood purifier.
- Fresh fruit juice is useful in urinary disorders.
- In nose bleeding – juice of fruit peel should be put in nose (2-4 drops).
Properties- Coolant, Laxative
- Tender leaves with oil to be applied to soothe blisters and inflammation of skin.
- Fruit pulp works excellent as a face mask on face.
- Juice of roots with borax is used to wash wounds and ulcers.
- In constipation – eat banana on empty stomach early morning.
- In hyperacidity, heart burns – stalk and leaves ash is taken (5gms) twice a day in anemic condition.
- Root powder is taken (5gms) twice the day in anemic conditions.
- In an accidental swallowing of small things like pin, coin, button etc. eat 4-5 bananas immediately.
- Urine retention is cured by – 1 ripe banana + 1 tsp Amla juice + 1 tbsp sugar.
- To cure excess thirst – eat one banana.
- To get rid of painful piles – eat a banana after meal.
Properties- Nutritious, Coolant, Astringent, Stimulant, Promotes hair growth
- To lighten scars and smoothen burning sensation in chicken pox Measles wash with tender coconut water.
- Oil from burnet kennel is applied on leprosy and other skin diseases.
- Coconut oil is excellent hair growth promotes and rejuvenator.
- Coconut oil is useful for burning and dryness of skin.
- Tender coconut water is an excellent diuretic.
- In hyperacidity – tender fruit pulp smoothens gastric membrane.
- Dry coconut is useful in male sterility.
- When body is feeling numbness and coldness after perspiration – eat 1gm dry coconut + 1gm garlic + 1gm ajwain.
- Drink coconut water everyday to kill intestinal germs.
- To cure loss of appetite – make paste of kernels and honey and eat for continuous 7 days.